How to Become a Successful Reading Tutor
Training Manual: Learn how to teach reading, and how to manage your tutoring business.
Do you want to be a reading tutor? If so, you must be aware that ...
- Reading tutors make $20.00 to $75.00 an hour.
- Tutoring has exploded into a four billion dollar industry.
- Tutoring is a rewarding and fulfilling career.
- Tutors have the freedom to set their own schedules.
To Be a Reading Tutor you need to ...
- Understand the reading process
- Know how to test and find out where to begin instruction
- Understand and implement activities and best practices in reading
- Know how to write lesson plans and organize student files
- Be able to effectively advertise
- Know how to bill and make sure you get paid
- Keep parents informed each step of the way
My job is to help you succeed as a reading tutor. Available to you is all my information (which includes several ready to use assessments, activities, advertising materials, etc) that I use and have been successfully using for over a decade in my reading tutoring business. This information will save you hours and hours of time, and help you get started right away.
Hi, I’m Melanie Vaughan. Twelve years ago I was on the search for a work at home job. Like many moms, I wanted to stay at home with my children, yet still contribute financially to the family. Being a reading tutor has been a perfect fit. I schedule my students around my own children’s activities, and block out times for vacations whenever the opportunity arises. Over the years, students have come to my home before school, after school, and during the summer. Being a tutor is very rewarding. Along with helping a students succeed and gain confidence, lifelong friendships have been developed.
This site has been designed to help you succeed as a reading tutor in two ways.
- You can take my FREE Three-Day Mini-Course. Here, I’ll share with you real-world examples of how to be a tutor and get started right away. You’ll receive one e-mail daily for three days...and I guarantee they will be so full of value and vital information that you will anxiously await the next one to arrive!
- You can buy the training manual “How to Be a Successful Reading Tutor”. Here you will have all my information available to you in one place. The training manual teaches a proven system used by professional tutors. How to Be a Successful Reading Tutor trains you to teach reading and manage your tutoring business. With this information at your fingertips, you save yourself years of trial and error, and have all you need to get started fast.
Sign up for my Free 3-day course where I’ll share with you real-world examples of how tutors start their businesses. You’ll receive one e-mail daily for three days...and I guarantee they will be so full of value and vital information that you will anxiously await the next one to arrive!
The Training Manual: How To Be a Successful Reading Tutor contains eleven sections and is divided into two parts.
Part A - LEARN TO BE A READING TUTOR
- Section 1- Daily Tip List
- Section 2- The Reading Process
- Section 3- Initial Assessments and Individualized Programs
- Section 4- Activities and Best Practices in Reading
- Section 5- Lesson Plans and Organized Student Files
- Section 6- Incentives and When to Use Them
Part B - TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
- Section 7- Advertisement Strategies
- Section 8- Letters of Introduction and Contract
- Section 9- Monthly Progress Reports
- Section 10-Billing
- Section 11-Miscellaneous
Plenty of Ready to Use Materials for Reading Tutors is included. Section three is packed full of pages to be copied directly for use with your students. Sections four through ten contain several activities, sample letters, progress reports, fliers, statements, contracts, lesson plans and more. These will help you be professional and efficient while saving you valuable time and money.
Why am I sharing this with you There are several reasons. Over the years, I have talked to many people interested in becoming a tutor. A common feeling among them was they didn’t know how to get started. They felt they would know how to tutor once they had a student, but didn’t know how to advertise and deal with the business end. This training manual fills this need.
Two, I am a strong reading advocate. I believe when people learn to read, they have the key that opens the door to all the knowledge of the world. Reading tutors bless lives.
Three, there is a demand for tutors. Education funds are getting cut, which results in more children falling behind. The need for reading tutors is at an all time high.
You don’t need a large amount of money to be a reading tutor.
Actually, I can’t think of a business with lower start-up costs. All you need is to be a good reader, believe reading is important, and combine this with The Training Manual: How to Become a Successful Reading Tutor. Then, you will be on your way to making good money and contributing positively to society.
OK, what’s this going to cost? $19.99. In less than two hours of tutoring, this manual will have paid for itself. Plus, you will have your book in minutes. As soon as your payment is accepted, you will be directed to download the e-book version immediately.
I can assure you this will be the best investment to get your reading tutoring business off to a great start.
You can’t lose with our 100% money back guarantee! Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If for any reason during the first 60 days you are not satisfied, just e-mail me, and I’ll refund 100% of your purchase price.
All I ask is you first follow the simple instructions in the training manual.